This is the main blog for our class - and you will find your individual class blog linked on the left. As you all know, I am in steamy Brisbane, so distance teaching will be a new challenge. It is an exciting one, and I think there are many ways in which we can learn so this will give you some freedom and flexibility that you might not have with the traditional weekly lectures.
I'm passionate about teaching and about photography - so the first rule for our online course is that if something is not working for you, please tell me asap. You might be feeling out of the loop, or finding too many assignments accumulate or just not knowing where to find information - whatever it is, speak up! My email is silvia.velez@cit.act.edu.au or you can ring me on 6207 3711.
Ok, so how will it all work I hear you ask. The blog will be the main link between us in terms of posting photographs and assignments. You will have a series of tasks (every other week) which you must complete before the next task. They will range from simple reflections to more complex research, including visiting exhibitions, reading texts that I post or watching a DVD or youtube link. I would like to encourage everyone to regularly visit each others blogs and leave constructive feedback - this really activates our online conversations and allows us to learn from each others posts. Speaking of which, I would also like you to endeavour writing in a professional manner - be mindful of spelling, grammar and treat your blogs like a pro showcase rather than a chat in the pub.
The next link between us will be through elearn, the CIT software that allows for online teaching. Like you, I am new to elearn, so we will slowly find out how to best use the tools and facilities it has to offer. I realise many of you have not been able to login or download information - let me know if this is not resolved soon. In elearn, for the time being, you will find the subject documents and the assignments and readings. I have to post the readings on elearn as they need to be centrally checked and cleared for copyright purposes. Eventually we can try other things with elearn as live chat sessions - but for now, it will be more of an information repository.
If the two previous links do not work, I will be emailing you. I have already sent out two group emails - again if you did not receive anything from me it means you are not on my list, so please email me.
Lastly, I am planning to be in Canberra for a series of intensive lectures/workshops the week of May 16. I chose that week to hopefully fit in with your other classes - after Tassie but not too late in the semester so I don't have to compete with your time for final folios. We will organise the days around the Wed-Friday times that you would typically be in at CIT. During those days I will give you some lectures that summarise many of the topics we cover online and you will give the class your presentations - but more on that later.
For now, I need your urls if you haven't sent them already. Stay tuned for the next episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment